Cast-off on a fun fishing adventure with Let’s Fish! Hooked On, the first full-scale fishing game on PlayStation®Vita.
Select your favourite character, unlock the latest lures and enhance your skills as you progress through Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments in your bid to win the World Tour!
Cast-off on a fun fishing adventure with Let’s Fish! Hooked On, the first full-scale fishing game on PlayStation®Vita. Select your favourite character, unlock the latest lures and enhance your skills as you progress through Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments in your bid to win the World Tour!
Experience realistic fishing action with the excitement of fast arcade style game play and a comprehensive story mode that makes Let’s Fish! fun for everyone. Tackle 4 challenging game modes as you take advantage of the unique capabilities of the PlayStation®Vita to catch up to 9 different kinds of fish, earn up to 240 different lures and play through 11 themed stages, with online rankings and Trophies to collect.
Let’s Fish! will have you hooked! whether you’re an expert or novice, fishing fan, or not. Coming soon - exclusively to PlayStation®Vita, from the developers of SEGA Bass Fishing.
- Become a World Champion as you compete in 35 Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments on the World Tour, with each stage increasing in difficulty.
- Play as 4 different characters each with their own story line, unique skills and abilities.
- Fast and intuitive game play using the PS Vita touchscreen makes fishing fun for everyone!
- Progress through the World Tour by developing your characters skills and technique, unlocking all items and stages along the way.
- 4 challenging game modes - World Tour, Challenge, Training and Underwater Mode.
- Catch up to 9 different kinds of fish! Including 4 different kinds of bass - Florida Large Mouth Bass, Northern Spike, Small Mouth Bass and Red-Eye Bass.
- Realistic fish movements with behavioural changes affected by the season, weather, time and type of lure used.
- Play through 11 themed outdoor stages, each with varying seasons, time settings and weather conditions that influence game play.
- Earn up to 240 different lures as you progress through the game, each with their own individual ‘appeal value’ to attract fish.
- Complete all classes in World Tour mode to unlock a bonus event.
- Observe the behaviour of the fish you have caught in Underwater Mode using the PS Vita’s gyroscope to control the camera.
- Prepare for action with tutorial and training before you venture into Challenge and World Tour Mode.
- Easy to follow instructions help you learn the games controls.
- Replay appeal with 44 courses, 31 Trophies and many lures to unlock.
- Online Rankings show who the best players are with Leaderboards and Trophies.
- Character designs from world-famous Japanese artist Poyoyon♥Rock.
- Combination of simulation and arcade style game play appeals to all tastes and abilities.
- Original POP/rock in-game music.
- All content created exclusively for the PS Vita.
- Over 40 hours of game play.
Become a World Champion as you compete in Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments on the World Tour! There are 35 tournaments to master - you’ll need to finish first in each tournament in order to advance to the next class.
Time to skill up!
Each character has particular strengths and weaknesses. In order to finish the world tour, you must develop your character’s skills in Casting, Hooking, Fighting and Catching!
Challenge Mode is where you can enjoy catching bass in short bursts of fishing fun! Play through 11 themed stages and four seasonal courses whilst unlocking new lures.
Your online rank is based on your performance in Challenge Mode – with three types of ranking, Max Weight Ranking, Total Weight Ranking and Total Catch Ranking.
Prepare for action by developing your casting, reeling, fighting and hooking skills, before venturing into the depths of the World Tour!
In Training Mode, you’re free to choose any character, season, stage, time and condition as you play and catch as many fish as you care to!
Observe the behaviour of your prized catches in Underwater Mode, using the PS Vita’s gyroscope to control the camera.
13.03 - Let’s Fish! Hooked On Video Tips: Alluring Lures and Fish Shadows
Do you want to be the very best? Like no one ever was… at fishing?
Well look no further, as we begin to offer a series of Let’s Fish tips to help you on your way to becoming the fishing champion!
The Right Lure
In every stage and area, the appeal of the lure will differentiate.
At the bottom of the screen is the allure gauge. The higher it is the better. In the beginning you won’t get many impressive lures, so to unlock them, complete the challenges and use these during World Tour to give you more choice.
Pay attention to the character’s voice as well, if a fish is interested the character will remark that it is and the camera will swivel around to pin point the interested fish. Keep it interested by slowly tugging at the line.
Be aware of the type of lure you are going to use. Will it float near the surface or completely drop to this bottom?
Knowing what kind of lure you are using will also affect how you will be using it to attract the fish. If it’s heavy and sinks to the bottom, you have to keep reeling it ever so slightly, so that the fish can actually bite on.
If it’s a lure that likes to float near the surface, but the fish is somewhat below, you have to reel in the line, so that it sinks a little deeper. Not all fish will be at the surface of the water.
For example during rainy stages the fish are somewhat drowsy and sleepy and will stay near the bottom. A good lure here are the lures that sink. With a good lure a fish will surely come by.
Where are the fish?
To see where the fish are, you need to zoom into the water. Use either the right shoulder button or the rear touch pad.
When you zoom in, move either to the left and right until you spot a fish shadow. Once you spot one, you are ready to cast.
11.03 - A Quick Let’s Fish: Hooked On! Walkthrough
If you're having trouble, here's a quick Let's Fish walkthrough.
How to Fish:
For today’s news, we’re going to run through how to catch a fish from start to finish. So if you’re having trouble, no worries! We’re here to lend a fin. *flips tail*
- 1. After you are given the stage’s objective, you will be directly taken to the Lure selection screen.
- 2. Each lure has an ‘Appeal’ value. The value will vary depending on the stage, the weather and the time.
- 3. Select the lure (preferably with the highest appeal for that stage).
- 4. To know where the fish are, zoom into the water with the R Button or swipe the back Touch Panel.
- The red marker is known as the casting point. To move your casting point simply use the directional buttons, or swipe your finger across the Front Touch Panel.
- 5. On the surface of the water, if there are fish present, there will be fish shadows. If there are fishy silhouettes, then this is a good place to cast.
- 6. To cast, press the Circle Button. This will bring up the casting gauge. Press the Circle Button again, to throw the lure towards the selected casting point. To cancel the cast, press the X Button.
- 7. Once the lure is in the water, to entice fish, the player must toggle the lure gently to attract the fish. To toggle the lure, use the directional buttons or the left stick.
- 8. When a fish is interested, the character will spout out a remark. The fish will move around the lure and then will try to bite it.
- 9. When a fish has bitten on the lure, a small hooking mini-game will appear.
- 10. The player must quickly move the hook icon to the fish icon, in the direction of the flashing arrows.
- 11. Either use the directional buttons- select the correct directional button arrow or use the touch screen- press against the hook icon and drag it towards the fish.
- 11. Once the fish has successfully been hooked on, a ‘Fight’ will ensure.
- 12. The fight consists of a similar type of the ‘hooking’ gameplay. Follow the on-screen instructions and press the right directional button or use the Front Touch Panel to drag the icon.
- 13. Whilst fighting the player must also reel in the fish. The player can either use the Front Touch Panel- dragging the reel icon or use the Triangle, Square, X or Circle button to reel.
- 14. In World Tournament the fish caught will either be released or added to the player’s objective. The deciding factor of this is whether the fish is a type of Bass.
Phew! Now that’s been said and done, you’re guaranteed to get a fish!
30.01 - LET’S FISH! HOOKED ON IS OUT TODAY!
Get set to reel in the PS Vita's first fishing game
Gamers can today reel in the PS Vita’s first full-scale fishing game, as Let’s Fish! Hooked On is now available to download via the PlayStation®Network, priced £14.99 / €19.99 / $19.99 / AUD $24.95.
Cast, hook and reel numerous classes of fish, earn new lures and play through 11 themed outdoor stages on your way to becoming a World Champion!
For the latest news and competitions, follow us on www.facebook.com/LetsFishGame and on Twitter @LetsFishGame.
10.01 - HOOKED ON JAMIE? OUR NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER IS FOR YOU!
First Let’s Fish! Hooked On character video revealed
Take a closer look at Jamie in the first of our four character videos for upcoming PS Vita exclusive Let’s Fish! Hooked On, from Wired Productions.
This video offers glimpses of Jamie’s feisty character as she competes on the World Tour, forming both friendships and rivalries on the way. In Let’s Fish! Hooked On players are taken through a story mode centered round the game’s four anime-styled characters, each with their own story line and unique abilities.
This is the first in a series of character videos to be released. Be sure to watch out for upcoming videos for each of the game’s characters!
Let’s Fish! Hooked On is coming soon - exclusively to PlayStation®Vita, from the developers of SEGA Bass Fishing.
09.01 - FISHING FOR GOLD (OR PLATINUM…)
Let’s Fish trophy list revealed.
Drum roll please…We are proud to present you with the full trophy list for Let’s Fish! Hooked On. The game will include 31 different trophies for players to get their (virtual) hands on. The list includes the much anticipated Platinum trophy – an accomplishment only the bravest, mightiest players can hope to attain.
Rods at the ready!
Check out the full list below:
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for details of how you can win a PlayStation®Vita and other cool prizes!